Connecting professional and amateur theatre in Newbury, West Berkshire and beyond

Newbury Theatre Message Board

Newbury Theatre Message Board
Newbury Theatre Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 People and things
 Auditions
 Pot Noodles & Knickers @ Camden Fringe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stage Write Posted - 16/05/2013 : 21:17:02
Hi,

I am looking for one actor to play the role of Kevin in the two hander play Pot Noodles & Knickers which will have a 4 day run at the Camden Fringe Festival. It is a new piece of writing and below is the official blurb for the play to give you an idea about the story:

Pot Noodles & Knickers tells the story of an epic physical and emotional journey made by two young men who have been friends since school.

Dave and Kevin embark on an ill-fated hike across the Scottish Highlands and after numerous wrong turns get hopelessly lost. They also get seriously injured and, in the harshest of environments, are left with nothing to sustain them except for the direst of emergency food Pot Noodles!

If that wasnt bad enough, their trauma is compounded when a revelation tests their friendship to the absolute limit. This revelation involves a woman; a woman who is hugely significant to both men but Dave had no idea just how much she means to Kevin

Warning: This production contains extraordinary underwear!

I have an actor to play Dave so I am now looking for a young man (20 -30) to play Kevin. Please see below for a breakdown of this character:

A nervous man who lacks self-confidence and is wracked with guilt, this is due to him pinching his best friend Daves fiance only months before they were due to get married. However as the play progresses he becomes much more assertive and at times confrontational due to his and Daves perilous situation.

The play will be performed at the Etcetera Theatre, Camden at 3pm, Monday 19th - Thursday 22nd August as part of the Camden Fringe Festival. Please see below for links to both the theatre and the festival:

http://www.etceteratheatre.com/

http://www.camdenfringe.com/

There will also be a preview performance on the weekend 9th - 11th August (date, time and venue TBA).

The audition for this role will take place between 7.30pm and 9.30pm on Tuesday 4th June at Newbury Friends Meeting House (right next to Newbury Bus Station)

If you are interested in auditioning please either reply to this message or alternatively you can email nickcardbiz@hotmail.co.uk

If you are interested but can't make the audition date please still get in touch, we may be able to arrange something.

Thanks for reading I look forward to hearing from you.

Newbury Theatre Message Board © Newbury Theatre 2006-2007 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000